All ears
Listening willing, waiting for an explanation
全神贯注地听;洗耳恭听
- All ears were cocked for the footsteps on the stairs.
所有的人都竖起耳朵听楼梯上传来的脚步声。
Lend an ear
Listen (to someone with sympathy)
聆听,倾听
- Claire's always one to lend a sympathetic ear if you have problems.
你有什么问题时,克莱尔总是乐于倾听。
Give someone an earful
Angrily express an opinion to someone
训斥…,斥责…;向…抱怨
- If he bothers you again I'll give him an earful.
如果他再来烦你,我就训他一顿。
Play it by ear
To respond to circumstances instead of having a fixed plan
见机行事,随机应变
- We can't make a decision yet. Let's just play it by ear.
我们还不能做出决定,让我们见机行事。
I’m all ears
You have my attention, so you should talk
我洗耳恭听
- I'm all ears - tell us what they had to say.
我洗耳恭听——快告诉我们他们怎么说的。
The walls have ears
We may be overheard; be careful what you say
隔墙有耳
- He knows that walls have ears and that ill deeds rebound back.
他知道隔墙有耳的道理,凡是做得不好的事总会传开去。
That’s music to my ears
I am very happy to hear this
说的话正合我意
- The name of the horse Robert bad bet on was called out as the winner. "Ah, " he said, "that's music to my ears! "
罗伯特押了赌注的那匹马被宣布为优胜者。“啊,”他说,“这消息真让我高兴。”
Wet behind the ears
Inexperienced, immature, new to something
乳臭未干的,无经验的,少不更事
- You shouldn’t judge his mistakes too harshly, as he’s still wet behind the ears.
你不该太严格地评断他的错误,因为他仍涉世不深。