区别辨析happy、glad、cheerful、joyful、merry、delightful、gay、pleasant、nice、jolly与agreeable

happy、glad、cheerful、joyful、merry、delightful、gay、pleasant、nice、jolly与agreeable这些形容词均含“愉快的、高兴的”之意。

happy : 侧重感到满足、幸福或高兴。

  • a happy marriage/childhood
    幸福的婚姻/童年
  • She looks so happy.
    她看上去非常快乐。
  • School days are said to be the happiest days of your life.
    学生时代据说是一生中最快乐的时光。
  • Nicky seems a lot happier since she met Steve.
    尼基自从认识史蒂夫之后似乎快乐多了。
  • You'll be happy to know that Jean is coming with us.
    要是知道琼和我们一起前来,你会很高兴的。
  • I'm perfectly happy to (= I will willingly) help out.
    我非常愿意帮忙。
  • I'm so happy (that) everything is working out for you.
    我很高兴你一切都很顺利。
  • Barry seems happy enough working for himself.
    巴里似乎很乐意为自己工作。
  • Are you happy about/with (= satisfied with) your new working arrangements?
    你对新的工作安排满意吗?
  • Your mother's not going to be very happy when she sees the mess you've made!
    你妈妈看到你弄得乱七八糟,她是不会高兴的。
  • The manager will be happy (= is willing) to see you this afternoon.
    经理很乐意今天下午见你。

glad : 最普通用词,语气较弱,表示礼貌的惯用语。指乐于做某事或因某事而感到满足,常表愉快的心情。

  • We were glad about her success.
    我们都为她的成功感到高兴。
  • I'm glad (that) you came.
    你来了我太高兴了。
  • I'm glad to know the parcel arrived safely.
    得知包裹安全寄到,我感到非常欣慰。
  • I'd be (only too) glad to help you.
    我会非常乐意帮助你。
  • We'd be glad of the chance to meet her.
    如有机会见到她,我们会非常高兴。

cheerful : 多指因内心的愉快而表现出兴高采烈,是强调而自然的感情流露。

  • He's usually fairly cheerful.
    他总是乐呵呵的。
  • You're in a cheerful mood this morning.
    今天早上你心情不错嘛。
  • She manages to stay cheerful (= happy and positive) despite everything.
    尽管事事不顺心,她仍然努力保持愉快的心情。

joyful : 语气较强,强调心情或感情上的欣喜。

  • Christmas is such a joyful time of year.
    圣诞节是一年中令人快乐的时候。
  • I don't have very much to feel joyful about/over at the moment.
    此刻我没什么可高兴的。

merry : 指精神情绪的暂时高涨,表示欢乐、愉快的心境或情景,侧重充满欢笑声和乐趣。

  • the merry sound of laughter
    欢笑声
  • She's a merry little soul.
    她是个快乐的小家伙。

delightful : 指能带来强烈的快乐,激起愉快的情感,用于非常愉快的场合。

  • Our new neighbours are delightful.
    我们的新邻居很和气。
  • Thank you for a delightful evening.
    谢谢你让我度过了一个非常愉快的夜晚。

gay : 侧重无忧无虑、精神昂扬、充满生命的快乐。

  • We had a gay old time down at the dance hall.
    我们在下面舞厅玩得开心极了。

pleasant : 侧重给人以“赏心悦目”或“愉快的,宜人的”感受。

  • a pleasant climate/smile/person
    宜人的气候/亲切的笑容/和气可爱的人
  • a pleasant day/surprise
    令人愉快的日子/惊喜
  • Harold did his best to be pleasant to the old man.
    哈罗德竭力和颜悦色地对待那位老人。
  • It was pleasant to sit down after standing for hours.
    站了好几个小时后,能坐下来真让人感到舒坦。

nice : 语气较温和,泛指任何愉快或满意的感觉。

  • Did you have a nice trip?
    你旅途愉快吗?
  • Have a nice day/time!
    祝你度过愉快的一天/过得愉快!
  • This milk doesn't smell very nice.
    这种牛奶闻起来味道不太好。
  • Thanks for ringing - it's been nice talking to you.
    谢谢你来电话——跟你聊天很开心。

jolly : 通俗用词,多指充满快乐与喜悦的神情。

  • a jolly smile/manner/mood
    开心的微笑/兴高采烈的样子/愉快的心情
  • She's a very jolly, upbeat sort of a person.
    她是个非常乐观向上的人。
  • a jolly occasion
    令人愉快的场合
  • We spent a very jolly evening together, chatting and reminiscing.
    我们一起聊天话旧,度过了一个惬意的晚上。

agreeable : 指与感受者的愿望、情趣或受好等和谐一致而带来的心情上的快意。

  • We spent a most agreeable evening by the river.
    我们在河边度过了一个极为愉快的夜晚。