区别辨析dash与rush

这两个动词都有“冲、奔”之意。

dash : 指以最快的速度向前奔驰。

  • The dog ran off, and she dashed after him.
    狗跑了,我在它后面追。
  • [UK] I've been dashing around all day.
    我一整天都在东奔西跑。
  • [UK] I must dash - I've got to be home by seven.
    我得赶紧走了——我必须在7点钟前到家。

rush : 指因急躁或事务紧急而采取快速行动。

  • I've been rushing (about/around) all day trying to get everything done.
    我忙了整整一天,想把所有的事情都做完。
  • I rushed up the stairs/to the office/to find a phone.
    我飞奔上楼梯/匆匆赶到办公室/赶忙去找电话。
  • When she turned it upside down the water rushed out.
    她把它底朝上翻转过来时,水一下子倾泻出来。
  • We shouldn't rush to blame them.
    我们不应该不问青红皂白就责备他们。
  • You can't rush a job like this.
    你不应该这样草草赶工。
  • The emergency legislation was rushed through Parliament in a morning.
    应急法案在一个上午就被议会快速通过了。
  • Don't rush me!
    别催我!
  • The United Nations has rushed medical aid and food to the famine zone.
    联合国向发生饥荒的地区紧急提供了医疗和食品援助。
  • He rushed the children off to school so they wouldn't be late.
    他催赶着孩子们快点出门去学校,以免迟到。