区别辨析come、arrive与reach

这些动词均含“到达”之意。

come : 普通用词,含义广泛。强调到达的动作或进程,不侧重是否到达目的地。也可用于比喻意义。

  • Has she come yet?
    她来了没有?
  • When does the post come?
    邮件什么时候送来?
  • Hasn't his train come in yet?
    他乘坐的火车还没进站吗?

arrive : 侧重到达目的地或达到某一目标。也可用作比喻。

  • What time will your train arrive?
    你坐的火车什么时候到?
  • It was dark by the time we arrived at the station.
    我们到站时,天都已经黑了。
  • We arrived in Prague later that day.
    我们在那天晚些时候到达布拉格。
  • I arrived back to find that my room had been burgled.
    我回到家时,发现家里被盗了。
  • What time does the mail usually arrive (= is it delivered)?
    邮件一般什么时候到?
  • I ordered some CDs over a month ago, but they still haven't arrived (= I have not received them).
    我在1个多月前订购了几张CD,但是现在还没有送来。

reach : 既可指到达目的地,又可指到达途中的中间站。强调经过的周折或付出的努力。

  • We won't reach Miami until five or six o'clock.
    我们得五六点钟才能到达迈阿密。
  • They finally reached the coast after five weeks sailing.
    他们经过5个星期的航行终于靠了岸。
  • News of his accident had only just reached us.
    我们刚刚得到他出事的消息。