区别辨析certainly、naturally、of course与surely

这些副词或词组均有“肯定地,当然”之意。

certainly : 用于肯定的答复或强调有把握、深信不疑。

  • She certainly had a friend called Mark, but I don't know whether he was her boyfriend.
    她确实有个朋友叫马克,不过我不知道他是不是她男友。
  • "This is rather a difficult question." "Yes, it's certainly not easy."
    “这实在是个难题。”“是呀,确实不容易。”
  • "Do you think more money should be given to education?" "Certainly!"
    “你认为应当给教育拨更多经费吗?”“当然啦!”
  • "Had you forgotten about our anniversary?" "Certainly not! I've reserved a table at Michel's restaurant for this evening."
    “你是不是把我们的结婚纪念日给忘了?”“当然没有!我已经在米歇尔餐厅预订了今晚的桌位。”

naturally : 指自然而然,毫无造作或天生如此。

  • A healthy body will be able to fight off the illness naturally without the use of medicine.
    健康的身体无需药物,自身便能抵御疾病。

of course : 指毫无疑问,自然如此。可与certainly和naturally换用。

  • "Can you help me?" "Of course."
    “你能帮帮我吗?”“当然可以。”
  • "May I look at your newspaper?" "Of course you can."
    “我能看看你的报纸吗?”“当然可以。”
  • "Have you written your English essay yet?" "Of course, I finished it last week."
    “你的英语论文写了吗?”“当然了,我上周就写完了。”

surely : 表一种必然的可能性,也可表示信心或不轻信。强调主观判断。

  • The problem surely lies in the design of the equipment.
    问题肯定出在设备的设计上。
  • "May I sit here?" "Surely." (= Yes, certainly.)
    “我能坐在这里吗?”“当然可以。”
  • Without more food and medical supplies, these people will surely not survive.
    如果没有更多的食品和医疗物资,这些人肯定活不下去。