区别辨析call、summon与send for

这些动词或词组均含有“召集,召唤”之意。

call : 非正式用词,含义广泛,指用说话或呼叫的形式召唤。

  • She called me over to where she was sitting.
    她把我叫到了她坐着的地方。
  • I keep the bedroom door open in case the children call (for) me in the night.
    我让卧室门开着,以防孩子们晚上叫我。
  • I was called to an emergency meeting this morning.
    我今早被叫去参加一个紧急会议。
  • At school she was always being called into the headteacher's office.
    在学校时,她总是被叫到校长办公室去。

summon : 正式用词,指官方或正式的召集,召集者具有权力或权威性。

  • General Rattigan summoned reinforcements to help resist the attack.
    拉蒂根将军命令增援部队协助抵挡进攻。
  • On 20 July, the town council was summoned to hear an emergency report on its finances.
    7月20日,镇政务委员会被召集起来听取有关其财务问题的紧急报告。
  • We were summoned to the headmaster's office.
    我们被叫去了校长办公室。

send for : 作“召唤”解时,语气较随便,暗示委派一件工作。

  • Do you think we should send for a doctor?
    你觉得我们应该去请医生吗?
  • His son found him and sent for help.
    他儿子找到了他,然后向人求救。
  • She sent for the latest sales figures.
    她要求把最新的销售统计数字给她送来。